….that you’ll want to know about our trip to Asheville on Friday.
- It was a blast. Great to get away, to be in a climate that wasn’t riddled with humidity, and to see Rory and Jon.
- Sitting sidestage at a show headlined by one of your boyfriend’s best friends is fun. And, you feel kind of famous.
- Rory Scovel is a funny man, and no matter how many times I see him live, hang out with him, or watch Land Rover commercials on YouTube, that doesn’t change.
- I have no idea how Jay doesn’t miss comedy. I miss it on his behalf, and I didn’t even know him when he was a comic. The energy that comes from people working so hard to do something that they love so much is infectious, and I love being around it when I get the chance.
- White wine + red wine + beer(s) + liquor = unproductive Saturday.**
Overall, yet another comedy experience was fabulous and I was so grateful that I got to go! Jay has some SOLID friends from the 5 years he lived in DC and I’m thrilled every time I get to hang out with them and meet some of them. If I wasn’t super duper against the whole traveling-all-the-time-tons-of-girls-and-drugs thing I would definitely encourage him to go back into comedy. But, I’m insecure and would go crazy if he was gone all the time, so I won’t say anything.
Go see some sort of performance that you enjoy but that also supports someone working HARD to do what they love. Do it soon.
**I’m not promoting binge drinking, I’m just saying it happens sometimes. Learn from my mistakes, folks.