I love these things.
These award thingys where someone gives it to you and then you give it to lots of other people and then there’s just a lot lot LOT of blog love floating around the blogosphere?
I love these things, for realzies.
A huge thanks to Helen at EatPrayBake for nominating us for this! How sweet!
Check out her post about the award here – and check out some of the bloggers she nominated as well!
Also. Sorry that I was given this nomination awhile ago, then it got lost in my Spam, then I didn’t do it because I couldn’t think of answers.
I’m a butthead. Better late than never? Here’s hoping.
Here are the rules for this fun award.
The Rules for Award participation are:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere.
- Tell them 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs you like for this award.
- Contact the bloggers that you have chosen to let them know that they have been nominated.
- Resume blogging your regular posts.
7 Facts about me and/or Jay and/or us:
- Once, while playing doctor with my sister Emily, I stuck a golf tee in her ear to “check,” and her eardrum started bleeding. Golf tees are the same shape as the…thing….that doctors put in your ear to look. Minus the sharp point. Whoops.
- Jay is little-girl-screaming afraid of cockroaches.
- I have 3 sisters, Jay has 2. Lotsa bitches up in here.
- I secretly wish I could blog full time and actually make money doing it. Any advice on how to be better at this?
- Jay hates olives and mayonnaise.
- Lindsay hates hot dogs.
- We are going to have cioppino for dinner sometime really soon because we haven’t had it since Valentine’s day and it was so good and we talk about it all the time and we need to just MAKE IT ALREADY.
FIFTEEN BLOGS!!! Um. Well. I don’t know if I have that many. Sorry. I look at tons of blogs, and then I promptly forget to bookmark them, wander off, start drinking, and never can find them again. Because I’m a jackass. Also, I try to always respond to these awards, so I’m not going to repost every blog that I’ve nominated for something else – trying to share the love a wee bit!
Here are some great ones, though!
- Tim at StrugglingHomeBrewer. A fellow Greenvillian, homie writes HONEST restaurant reviews instead of “omg best service EVER! Can’t wait to go back ASAP!!!” crap. He’s real, and gets recognized for it accordingly. Visit. Like on Facebook. Be nice, folks.
- 4LittleFergusons. Tanya is currently on sabbatical to spend time with her family. Because she needs to. If you’re into parenting, easy cooking, in your face faith, and a leetle bit of sex talk, head here NOW and get caught up on her life before she starts writing all over again!
- Joy at Simply Bloom. Lovely photography, lovely writing, and a lovely life. Perfect for the One Lovely Blog award!
- Nick at Frugal Feeding. Our first blogging friend, and he’s English. So….I fantasize about his food AND his accent, which is a departure from my standard fantasies about food.
- This cute couple at Our Life in Food. Lots of Mexican, and SO delicious. They hardly eat any carbs either, so check them out if you’re on that band wagon!
- The very funny Bev from BevCooks! Love this girl, AND she just accepted my friend request on Tasty Kitchen, which I assume means that she’s obsessed with me and reads my blog every single day. It definitely doesn’t mean that she’s famous and accepts everyone as her friend. Definitely not.
- Sommer from A Spicy Perspective. She lives in Asheville, right near us! All her food is spicy, which Jay loves. Nom.
- Gina from The Feminist Breeder. Insanely honest, and informative about stupid people, motherhood, and trying not to kill idiots. Check her out!
This certainly isn’t a comprehensive list, but it’s definitely a great place to start if you’re looking for some new interwebz friends!
Thanks again to Helen for the nomination – we love you!