I want to date the internet. OK? I said it.
For those of you keeping track, internet addiction was not included in the recent Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (used to diagnose mental health issues), so it isn’t really a disorder. It is, however, up for further review in the next release.
That means I’m not addicted to the internet. Also, I put a picture of food there because I’m hungry. Are you hungry? What should we have for lunch? I’m having a salad and gazpacho leftovers. I want to eat them right now.
I do, however, spend a lot of time in this magical place, so today I wanted to share with you a few of my favorite things at the moment. Because you SO care what I look at all the time, yes? Yes.
- This is my new favorite blogger, and it’s a GUY! Yay for guys.
- This is one of my absolute favorite blogs. I read it every day. Written by a young Mormon mother, incredibly heartfelt, and incredibly NOT stereotypical of any oft-stereotyped religion. I want to be her friend.
- Buzzfeed. I regularly scroll through their amayyyyyzing gif compilations, but this one is pretty hilarious.
- Publix. Love this store, and now they have a thingamadoodle where you put your cell number into their website and create an account. Then you put your cell number into the credit card swipey thing when you check out, and if there HAPPEN TO BE COUPONS for the stuff you’re buying you get auto-credit. Easy peasy. Interestingly, it’s called Skip the Clip, which sounds like a catchy anti-circumcision nonprofit. Or am I the only one that jumps to foreskin when learning about new coupon programs?
- In the interest of shameless self promotion, I’ve got myself a few links floating around on Yahoo and Foodgawker. Thanks, major websites! On the Yahoo one….if you find my recipe from the slideshow and Pin it…I think I might get a prize? Or get nominated to be queen? You can do that if you want.
- And, if the above foreskin comment wasn’t enough for you (can’t WAIT for Google to tag this as kid-porn and have all the pervs stop by. Sorry guys! Not what you’re looking for), this list of logos that just…look different than they should…is great.
Friday is tomorrow. Have you heard? I’m ready.