I find myself saying all the time that I wish I read more. I used to love reading, just don’t have the time, blah blah blah.
Then one day I realized that, um, hi, I read all the time. I read articles online for SO MANY HOURS of every day. What I mean is…I wish I read more books. But do I? Do I care? This revelation is part of my new quest to not fight against myself and so-called cultural norms so much. Do you do that? I should read more, I should eat better, I should do things with creams to ward off wrinkles….why, though? When I think about it honestly, I’m fine with my lifestyle, weight, finances, WHATEVER the current thing is that the world tells me I should be doing differently.
Do that this week. It’s kind of liberating to be completely fine with only reading Buzzfeed. The world might always tell you that you should be a cleaner, neater, skinnier, smarter version of yourself, but the world might be dead wrong. So, without further ado, here’s what I’ve enjoyed reading this week.
- 27 Painfully Awkward Things. Every single one, for rizzle.
- This article written by my friend Sara on bullying. Beautifully written, at times painfully honest, and SO necessary for our society to hear.
- 20 Movie Stills Replaced with Thumbs Up. Anti-gun, positivity, and hilarity ALL IN ONE.
- A raw vegan pregnancy diet. Smart? Idiotic? None of our damn business? Let’s talk about it.
- Feminist Breeding. I read this blog almost every day – have for some time. Much to my spouse’s chagrin, I’ve also become more obsessed than usual with pregnancy and birth and birth RIGHTS especially so….there’s that. The list in this article of beliefs (bullets 1/2 way down) is SO ME. There aren’t a lot of others like this list, I’ve found. Also, I’m not pregnant, and yes, it’s rude to ask when we’re going to start trying. Trying = planning to have sex more often, so just because you use the T word instead of another more realistic phrase doesn’t make it ok. If I bring it up, then we can talk about it.
- Awesome makeup transformations. A girl as Walter White, and it WORKS.
sorryimnotsorry about the wedding picture. I just really like it.