Oh, Hump Day. This morning I couldn’t figure out what day it was. I knew that no matter WHAT day it was we probably had a gazillion things to do and also we’re still kind of staring at the dog waiting for him to have another near-death (probably not really) experience, so time is going at a weird pace recently.
Also, working every weekend! Is fun but tiring! Mainly fun, really – this time of year where I work on music competitions every weekend is crazy, but crazy fun – and it’s only 7 weekends out of the whole year so…worth it to be tired! In May I’ll be complaining that I’m bored. Maybe.
Here’s what else is going on:
- I’m teaching a lot of yoga. Like, a lot. Yesterday I did three classes! It’s great, but tiring, AND makes my days super duper choppy because I feel like I’m always driving somewhere or getting ready to go somewhere. Regular office hours were a blessing when I look at it that way – my to-do list is so choppy now that I’ll spend entire days working HARD and still feel at the end of the day like I’ve accomplished nothing. I’m pretty sure I can solve this issue by learning to teleport. OR be in two places at once! That would definitely help with perceived productivity.
- We discovered Snapseed in Hawaii! That meant that we spent the majority of the trip not talking, but we came out with some fabulous art. Have you used this app? It’s free. And great. Edit. Upload to Instagram. Follow me there!
- This article that makes me cry. It’s so true, some of it. The idea of feeling the fear of failure and hardship instead of jumping to anger at the one we love the most. Working on it. Failing, mostly.
- When we aren’t running around like chickens sans heads, we’ve been obsessing over Ricky Gervais’ Idiot Abroad. Binge watching at it’s FINEST for busy people. It’s hilarious, lighthearted, and the main character goes to some kick-ass places. We of course watched the Japan episode first, then started watching in order. We’re on season 2! It’s on Netflix, so….THANKS FOR THAT. Giggles at the end of the day are basically mandatory in this house.
- Sometimes on weeknights we can’t be bothered to cook because I do that all day for other people. Last night was one of those nights! We went to our favorite restaurant (Chicora Alley) and sat at the bar with our favorite bartenders and barely talked and just WERE. It was perfect. Jay ate vegetables and grilled chicken and I ate chips and white cheese. It was exactly what we both needed.
How’s your week? What should we eat for Valentine’s day?