Is your Monday a little bit hard? That’s ok. We’ll eat healthy tacos and make it all better, ok?
I made these tacos last week for lunch one day, and dayumm are they good. You’re going to be obsessed. I like the idea of more veg meals like this that are healthy but still feel filling and decadent, and tofu crisps so NICELY with taco seasonings.
Obvs if you hate tofu, just put some meat in it’s place. Wimp. Try it, though. Tofu is delicious.
While the tofu is working, make the drizzle! Add the lime zest, goat cheese, and half and half to a small food processor or blender (you could also whisk this by hand) with a pinch of salt. Blend until totally smooth, and taste! Add more salt if you’d like.
The lime squeezed over top accentuates the flavor of the zest we used in the sauce, and YES. We’re in and out in c. 20 minutes with a great, healthy meal that can be customized based on what you have in your dang fridge. You could even use this tofu in burritos or as a salad topper!
4 more days until Friday! 🙂
- 1 brick firm tofu, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 ounces softened goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons half and half, plus more if needed
- pinch salt
- flour or corn tortillas, for serving
- shredded cabbage, lime wedges, cilantro, or other taco toppings, your choice, for serving
- Add the tofu to a cold pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Turn the pan to medium heat, and break up the tofu a bit with a spatula. When the tofu starts to sizzle, sprinkle the cumin, chili powder, seasoned salt, and cayenne pepper over the tofu. Continue to break into little bits, stirring every few minutes, until the tofu is browned and crispy.
- Meanwhile, combine the lime zest, goat cheese, half and half, and salt in a small food processor or blender. Pulse to combine, adding a splash more of the half and half if needed to form a smooth sauce.
- Assemble the tofu and any desired toppings in taco shells, then drizzle with the goat cheese cream. Eat!