Friday! This is a picture of my cute husband. Let’s talk:
- Father’s day weekend is upon us! I’m making French food for my dad at his request and smoking some meat….not sure what yet…for Jay’s padre. Also was gifted some wild boar ribs that are currently thawing in my beer fridge. Which, incidentally, is 2 feet to the left of me every time I write to you. What are you doing this weekend? Anything special for dear old dad or daddy figures in your life?
- I’m going to cook the boar three ways: smoked, boiled then grilled, and roasted. I’ll report back on what I learn.
- We’re having some dog issues. Jake is getting older and having some sensory issues that all of a sudden makes him poop on concrete? And Callie lunged at a runner last week and then I got mildly concerned that we were going to be sued. She’s not aggressive, but runners and bikers just bring something out in her. WHAT do you know about this? The internet tells us she was tired from being on a leash too long and that causes excessive aggression? Talk to me.
- I won a cooking contest and the prize was a mini blender, which is cool because I don’t own any size of blender. Jay’s EXCITED about smoothies. Maybe some recipes coming up? Stand by.
- In 8 weeks I’ll be at the beach with my family on the week of my parents’ 32 year wedding anniversary, our one year anniversary, and grad school graduation. EIGHT WEEKS. In other news, where the eff is 2014 going? I feel like I’m still recovering from New Years.
Have a gorgeous weekend! I’m going to drink my lunch with my bestie and then go to band practice.