Because today is LIKE Friday because tomorrow is a holiday, yes? Yes.
- The above picture was taken by my bff Heather last Sunday at the beach – that’s her other bff Erin. We believe in multiples in our group. We were hungover. I chased my hangover away with a beer, Erin went with Doritos and full-sugar Coke. If you look carefully at my top knee you can see some gnarly sunburn that I’m STILL scratching at. It wasn’t on purpose, I USED SUNSCREEN. The hangover….could have been avoided. Hashtag grownups!
- What are you doing tomorrow? We’re going to see BRUCE EFFING HORNSBY tonight in Charlotte (it’s a free show! you come too!) so we have big plans to sleep in tomorrow and then make some kind of delicious food and watch some fireworks somewhere. It’s all very up in the air, which I LOVE. We’ve been very heavily scheduled these past few weeks and it’s been a bit rough.
- Graduation is 5 weeks from today. Someone please hire me. Or give Jay a raise.
- My sisters and mom are back from Europe! They seem somewhat disappointed in the food and wine selection they’re currently presented with. I haven’t a clue why.
- In closing, you might have seen on Instagram yesterday that someone who took a yoga class from me publicly requested that I not teach that time slot anymore. I have no idea why; I imagine they want gentle yoga, which one of the other teachers does. Others say that they love the class. BUT, simply saying that you don’t want someone for any reason in an anonymous public forum is childish and cruel, and hurt my feelings very much. So, I leave you with this: be SO nice to each person you see this weekend, whether or not you think they suck at life. If, before each of our actions, we actively think about how it might affect the person it’s directed at (or any other innocent bystanders), we might make different choices and create a teeny bit more peace. I might need to write more about this next week. Smile more, bitch less, that sort of thing.
Happy long weekend!