Guys we need to make dinner.
I’m still fully obsessed with this chicken taco salad I started making a few months ago, and I sold a TON of it this week.
It’s also what I’m having for dinner tonight, plus or minus 6 handfuls of tortilla chips.
If you want to see the step by step, you can find it here, or the recipe is below.
Make this. It’s light! Plus or minus tortilla chips.
- 2 boneless, skinless, breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin
- 12 ounces light beer
- 2/3 cup prepared jarred salsa (I love Trader Joe's!)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 8 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 jalapeno, thinly sliced (remove the seeds if you're sensitive to heat)
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced right before serving
- cilantro leaves, optional, for serving
- sour cream, optional, for serving
- Preheat a large skillet to medium heat with a drizzle of oil. Sprinkle a light dusting of each of the spices in the bottom of the pan, then add the chicken. Sprinkle the top of the chicken with another dusting of seasonings. Cook the chicken until browned and cooked through, then remove to a plate to cool. When the chicken is removed from the pan, add the entire beer to the pan drippings and stir. Allow the beer to reduce by half.
- When the chicken is cooled, tear it into large chunks and add to the beer reduction. Toss in the skillet, and remove from the heat until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, combine the salsa and lime juice in a bowl or jar to form a dressing.
- Assemble the salads using any ingredients you'd like, then top with a heap of the chicken and some vinaigrette. Enjoy!
- Measurements for spices above are just for a guide. A sprinkle in the bottom of the pan and a sprinkle over the chicken once it's added are really all we're going for!
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken thighs may be substituted.
- Go crazy here - change up the salad any way you'd like!