I’m sorry, but I will never get over that Samurai baby and how excited I am for the new kid on the block. Literally.
- Today my mom and I are driving to the beach, then later tonight Jay’s coming with the dogs and a sister and a girlfriend, then Sunday my dad and other sister are coming, then Monday my OTHER sister and her friend are coming. Any recommendations for what we should be doing on Sullivan’s Island? Besides eating at Poe’s, of course. Hopefully for lunch today. And maybe tomorrow.
- I submitted all of my grad school paperwork yesterday and had my last day of internship. WHAT is happening in my world. I guess things that feel like they’ll never happen sometimes do. Weird.
- One year ago today we were one week away from our wedding. I guess things that feel like they’ll never happen sometimes do. Weird.
- The other day in Trader Joe’s a woman pushed my cart closer to me because she felt that I had wandered too far away from it, thereby opening myself up to theft at 9:20 in the morning. I told her that if someone needed my phone and keys that badly then it was fine and they could have them, and she looked me straight in the eyes and said “well, no really, no they can’t.” She was highly unimpressed that I felt OK wandering 10 whole feet away from those two items. I ADORE random strangers telling me how to live my life.
- Fitness Update! The knee is slightly better. Still yoga-ing out the wazoo, and I’ve taken up walking a LOT. Like, an hour a day if I can manage the time, even first thing in the morning which kind of is a miracle because I don’t really even do early AM yoga unless I’m teaching anymore. I really like the walking. REALLY. Combo of Noom pedometer and MapMyWalk are super fun and encouraging. I now think I need inserts for my tennis shooes. Any advice on that?