- Thank you for your kind comments about the new look of the blog! It’s still definitely a work in progress, and I’d love to keep hearing what you think, and also how this shiz looks on mobile devices. I’ll let you know everything that I did at some point.
- Knee update: MRI revealed arthritis in exactly the same spot that the very first doctor told me it existed a month ago. $375 well spent. Or not. It’s not worsening, just got inflamed from this dumb running we started, so the plan is to attack it with an anti-inflammatory that makes me loopy and PT that I’m starting today. If that doesn’t work he wants to scope, which, spoiler alert, I’m not doing. 28 is too young to start creating new scar tissue that will give me more problems later, so I’m going to do these two things and deal with it. It’s gotten way better since this whole shenanigan started, so I don’t think that will be a problem.
- FunnyLoveBabyWatch2014: We are not having a baby, or trying, or any of that. I am, however, taking prenatal vitamins at the recommendation of my doc. They are gummy and taste fabulous. I’m also trying to educate Jay a smidge beyond “I think it rips your vagina,” so that he’s moderately involved when the time does come. Last night, without any warning, he presented me with this gem: “Did you know that folic acid prevents retards?” Please be aware that we really don’t use that word, but the innocence with which it was presented made me CACKLE. For many minutes. Father of the year, people.
- I’m cooking all the food this weekend for an event that is a surprise. I LOVE SURPRISES. Also my house smells like meatballs.
- I think I want a FitBit but I’m not actually sure if it’ll motivate me to move more. Some days I feel like I move about as much as humanly possible so….do you have one? Is it dumb? Do you love it?
Happy weekend! The cooler temperatures make me super duper happy.