It was somewhere in between painting my dining room for half of today but really wanting to be eating jalapeno pimento cheese that’s in my fridge and wanting to share the recipe but not having any step by step pictures….
I’ve made pimento cheese on this website before, but I made it kind of different each time I make it and LAST WEEK I added fresh jalapeno and that’s probably one of my most favorite variations of pimento cheese ever. EVER. It makes it sort of like a health food because vegetables!
Or so I say.
Also, because we are going to use this jalapeno pimento cheese later in the week for a suhhhhweet appetizer, so I thought you might want to be ready. Recipe. Go:
- 1 pound freshly grated sharp cheddar (I do a blend of white and yellow)
- 4 ounces drained chopped pimentos
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce such as Texas Pete
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, plus more if needed
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, then adjust seasonings to your preference. If mixture seems dry, add a bit more sour cream.
- Serve with crackers or as desired. Enjoy!
- If you're sensitive to spice, start with half the jalapeno and work your way up. If with 1 jalapeno you'd prefer a spicier dip, add some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.