- I still save all my veggie scraps and make stock about once every two weeks. And also, I buy beef stock and chicken stock on the reg. Overkill? You decide.
- I’m obsessed with Buzzfeedy lists, but this one about Ina cracks me up. “And storebought is fine.”
- We aren’t trying to have a baby just this moment, but a lot of our friends are, and doesn’t it seem like it’s not easy for everyone/most people? Or maybe that’s just what we hear about the most? Jay and I always casually say that if we can’t have babies we’ll adopt and move on, but is there really moving on from such a thing? It’s definitely not casual, I can assume that much. I guess I’ll find out at some point, and I’ll let you know. In the meantime, this blog about infertility just rips my insides out even though it isn’t relevant to my life right now. I adore the honesty.
- Is November 22 too early for Christmas decorations? I’m having a dilemma – I’m throwing a baby shower for my lovely sweet neighbors on that day, and I’m kind of over my fall “decor,” which involves precisely one wreath, two pumpkins (not carved), and an orange candle. So…..I was thinking that Christmas decorations could come a week early since we aren’t having Thanksgiving at our house and then will promptly be on a cruise. Say it’s ok. And then, once you agree that it’s ok, tell me how I can get a tree delivered by next weekend. Great, thanks.
- Speaking of the CRUISE! Cruise rhymes with booze, and we are totally trying to NOT pay a ton for booze on the cruise. See what I did there? The ship allows two bottles max (per person, I guess?), which would be gone in approximately five seconds. So we are thinking of ways to smuggle booze on the boat. Shampoo bottles are very popular, and kind of hilarious. Other thoughts? Do they really check/scan bags getting onto these things? We leave in 13 days, and I’m DYING. We need this break like no couple has ever needed a break in their lives. Maybe not really, but the timing is really really perfect.
Have a glorious weekend!