- It’s a catering day! Now that we’ve been back from vacation for all of three days I’m cooking lunch for 90 in about an hour. It involves 100 pounds of potatoes and 80 pounds of ice, among other things. My house smells like cookies, bacon, and potatoes all at once. Think that should be a candle? The dogs are going bonkers, and I’m praying the kitchen doesn’t go up in flames in the next 30 minutes. The fan in the kitchen has been spontaneously running without being asked to for the last 3 hours.
- I saw a recipe the other day online that was really jubilant about being Paleo but also had Nutella in the title. I know nothing about Paleo other than that it’s a diet which means that I think it’s dumb, but isn’t the shtick that it’s what the cavemen ate? DID THE CAVEMEN EAT NUTELLA? For fuck’s sake.
- Next week for cooking class I’m doing healthy desserts for Christmas. Gifts, Santa stuff, the works. Got any favorite bite-sized nibbles that aren’t terrible for you? Help me!
- I’m feeling very sad about all the TV I missed last week, but excited to catch up on it in eight thousand years when I have five seconds to slow down. In the meantime, this Olivia Pope list has kept me going.
- What are you doing for NYE? We have a few party options and a bid out for a catering gig, which will obviously mean we work if we get it, but do you do anything that’s different? Jay hates loud parties and dressing up, so we’ve been discussing random other options.
Off to load 100 pounds of potatoes into my car. #biceps