- I swear I’m not reusing these posts, but I woke up with a sore throat AGAIN. I’m retaliating by not teaching yoga tomorrow. I hope. 3rd time this year, which means I might not be cut out to work at a hospital and never sleep?
- Speaking of the hospital, we have our holiday party tonight at a fancy venue downtown, which kind of confuses me since the hospital is always open. Like…maybe they should have two? Or three since we have 3 shifts? I don’t know. Work parties are always interesting, and I’ve heard stories about some generally stoic ladies who like to boogie.
- This Oatmeal, stolen from Facebook via my friend Ryan. Don’t read it if you’re convinced that your religion is the only way to exist.
- Two weeks from TODAY I start the tour du South that I do ever year for my music job. Gainesville, Orlando, Raleigh, Athens, Knoxville, Memphis, and NYC (not South, I know) are all places I need restaurant recommendations for. Go.
- We inexplicably got to see a lot of movies (4!) in the theater during the holidays, which is super unusual for us. We saw The Gambler, which we liked but was kind of slow and Jay wanted more car chases. I was glad it was only 90 minutes. I saw Into The Woods with my mom and sister, and I REALLY wanted to love it but just couldn’t. We were all bored by it and super disappointed. THEN we saw Exodus, which was similarly meh, legit Prince of Egypt was so much better. An effing cartoon. THEN my sister and I saw Mockingjay which took all the awards and was exactly as it should have been. You win, J-Law. I feel like the world needs a good rom-com right about now.