- Last night my neighbor Cheryl called me (she never does that but I wish she would more) to let me know that water was gushing out of the street. Like…out of the concrete. We had an impromptu street party while we waited for the city engineers to arrive. That’s the thing about great neighbors – random rendezvous are the best kind. And then of course the City decided to tear up the street starting at 3am. Hellooooo tired Friday.
- I’m still sick with this nasty cold, and today I have to work on the unit that has confirmed flu. ALSO my sister in law has MRSA, a stapf-related infection that eats flesh. It’s EVERYWHERE, this bacteria, and we only get it sometimes, which is why you’ve never heard of it. Between those two things I kind of want to buy a bubble, get in it, and never come out, because I’m still sick from my cold that started exactly one week ago today. Anyone who has been near me for the past…month? I’m sorry. Stand by for the flu report.
- Speaking of this nasty cold, if nothing bad happens between now and Sunday I’ll end up TEACHING 10 yoga classes this week. I took a few classes too just … to be sure I liked it? My body hurts.
- I work with almost exclusively elderly patients, as you know, and this week one of them decided he knew me from elementary school because we both speak French. He lived in France as a child, as did I. The problem, of course, is that he’s 38 years older than me. But, you know what? We speak to each other in French, and understand each other, and it calms him down. And sometimes no matter now we arrive to that calm, it’s just perfect when it happens.
- Are you as ridiculously thrilled as me that TV is back on? Revenge is my 100% fav and Grey’s and Scandal aren’t far behind. Can’t stop won’t stop with the primetime dramas, you know.
And with that, eff NFL and all its fans. My weekend plans currently revolve around a game that I don’t understand or like. The end.