- I googled Summer, and got this picture. That pretty much sums it up so far! We have a big downtown farmer’s market that runs from May-October, and we are LOVING all the fun, fresh produce we can get every week for hardly any money. Local, people. I say as I eat a banana. There really is no such thing as an in-season, local banana. I find this to be very unfortunate.
- Hey, there are eating disorders besides bulemia and anorexia! Read here.
- I don’t know if you are of the age or persuasion to have ever watched the movie Center Stage, but it came out fifteen years ago and this list of why it’s GREAT is amazing. Hilarious and totally on point. I still really adore the movie and wish it was on E! more. Can we start a petition?
- In other news, it’s a week of a cappella media and I’m loving it! The reality show about our competition, Sing it On, started on Wednesday, and I LOVED the first episode. I think episode 4 is about my show (groups from different regions are followed, and I run our South region), so if you haven’t already set your DVR DO IT! Then, Pitch Perfect 2 comes out this weekend and features a lot of my kids and colleagues as extras, so I’m super duper excited to go see it. There were premiers in a lot of different cities, and everyone I know that has seen it so far said it’s great!
- This weekend is the Greek Festival in downtown Greenville, and if you are anywhere close to here you have GOT to go. I will be eating at least 2 gyros and SEVERAL pieces of baklava this weekend. This also marks three years since we moved into our house. My mom went to the Greek drive through and got about 9 gyros this weekend 3 years ago to help get us through a few. more. hours. of unpacking and cleaning and organizing. I’m not sure we’re fully unpacked yet – are we?