- You know at the end of concerts when bands are all “Thank you Chicago, you’ve been amazing,” and it’s so cliche and everyone says it? It’s TRUE, though. On Wednesday we had such a great show and so many people that we love came out to visit and it was just GREAT, and it’s not quite as much fun to sing to an empty lawn, right? Cliche, maybe, but we mean it.
- I feel like you guys have been shafted this week with the whole “wahhhhh my husband hurt his leg.” No food, no baby talk. If you are lamenting either of those things, please look at these burgers and make them this weekend. It is SCREAMING summer to me and I’m dying to start cooking again after this crazy week.
- I bought 3 succulents at the beginning of the summer and have killed ALL three of them. I don’t know what I did wrong. I thought they were like cacti….apparently not? It’s laughable, really. Allegedly I’ll be keeping a child alive soon. God help the kid.
- In 1.5 weeks we are celebrating our 2 year anniversary, AND a few weeks ago I missed the blog’s 4th birthday. Time. Flies.
- The Jay-is-crippled jokes are starting. Some of his buds (after well-wishing and offering to mow the grass, obviously, they aren’t monsters) told him not to worry, they’d found an accessible location for the Fantasy draft in a few weeks so he wouldn’t have to miss out. Just really casual, and it sent him into fits of giggles. Giggles are good.
Happy weekend! Don’t jump off any boats. Not worth it.