Guys it’s kind of cold.
It’s also supposed to be 90 tomorrow.
WHATEVER I DON’T CARE IT’S SEPTEMBER WHICH MEANS IT’S FALL WHICH MEANS I’M HAVING A BABY WHICH MEANS UGGS.
Not necessarily connected in that particular progression, but you know. I have my heart set on having new UGGS by December because that will make having my vagina ripped open and not sleeping ever again more manageable. Right? RIGHT?!? Help me cope with Things.
This temperature makes me weird. It’s gloriously fall-ish during the day but still warm enough for short sleeves and ever so slightly chilly at night and totally not really cold yet but it makes me want to plan for the cold, so I’m going to. Via soup and other cozy foods. My sister is one to really embrace season about 6 weeks before they actually transition (and also coined the title phrase of this post), and this year I’m taking a page from her playbook and just GOING FOR IT with fall-ish recipes.
- Spanish-style tomato soup…
- …with grilled cheese. The “real” kind.
- Roasted Garlic Summer Squash Soup. LEGIT for this list. You can still find tons of cheap squash but also it’s soup. Boom.
- Pot Roast. Might be kind of early for that. I don’t care.
- Roast chicken. Year-round, yes, but the roasted root veggies just scream fall!
- Osso Bucco. Use any big cut of meat you like!
- Leek + Potato Gratin. I mean. Make-ahead, creamy, and carby. Go.
- Chicken Tikka Masala. COZY. Anything that is basically gravy over rice fits into this category. I also love that we make our own spice blend here – total fall weekend food.
I know, I know. 90 tomorrow. But we can still plan, right? Is this what nesting feels like? See also: I painted 2 rooms last weekend and have plans for more.