- Let’s start with a Jay Leg Update! He’s fine. Still doing tons of PT, still in pain, doing more and more each day in terms of regular chores, and does EVERYTHING for himself – driving, dressing, food, etc. The tendons and ligaments in his broken leg have shortened considerably, so he’s working on getting mobility back in his ankle and knee, which is a long process. The real excitement, though, is that his hospital bill was SIXTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS. For 26 hours. Obviously we didn’t have to pay all of that, but the bills that did come to us have so far added up to MORE than our out-of-pocket max for the year based on our insurance plan. Have you ever had this happen to you? Insurance is so confusing. I know that calling them or the billers would be my best option, but what would be the point of this website if not to use you for my own personal researchers?
- My dogs do a weird thing where they drink most of their water out of one bowl instead of drinking evenly between their two bowls, which are attached to one another. So, one bowl ends up kind of murky all the time and the other empty. What’s the deal?
- Ok here’s something else important that I need help with: TV. I’m STILL working my way through True Blood, and I have two seasons left that I’m dying to see. I have an HBO Go password, Netflix, Amazon Prime, CABLE, and a Smart TV and can’t figure out how to watch the last two seasons for free on my actual TV. Computer is fine with HBO Go password, but that’s kind of annoying. How do I hack this? It seems like a basic right with all the services I have access to.
- Glucose Tolerance Test is happening on Tuesday to start the screening process for gestational diabetes. Any tips for before I take it?
- Weekend plans! We painted the nursery and our bathroom last weekend and this week, and I was all set to REALLY clean our three bedrooms (well, clean two and totally empty out the room for the baby), rent a carpet cleaner, and clean the carpets then get to the business of actually decorating the nursery. And then I thought I might hold off on that until another weekend. SO, we are doing brunchy things, the dogs are getting a long walk, I’m going to cook every time the light in my kitchen is pretty, and hopefully watch two seasons of True Blood. Because you’re going to help me do that.
Have a GREAT holiday weekend!