- Yesterday I realized I hadn’t registered for a diaper bag, and I also remembered that anything on a registry list (same for weddings!) gets a discount when you buy it yourself. So I added 4 diaper bags to one of my baby registries because I was in a hurry and couldn’t pick. And so now anyone that looks at said baby registry will probably think I’m a crazy person. Which of course I am. I think this is nesting, or some form of it.
- You’ve heard about the Christians that are all mad about the Starbucks cup, right? Well, this seems to be one of those troll-type of pockets of people who just HAVE to be mad about something. No one is attacking Christmas or straight white males, and I’d go all day with someone who tried to convince me otherwise. I love this article by a pastor on what some alternate focus points might be for the coming weeks.
- I’m dying to make this no-knead bread. Do you know that I’ve never once made anything with yeast? I feel like I’m capable of it, but I just never have…for time reasons, gut reasons, the whole thing. But THIS seems like a good starting point. Have you tried it? Yes? No?
- Buzzfeed compiled some tweets about exercise that are TOO good. I can’t pick a favorite, they’re all so amazing.
- What are you doing this weekend? We’re juggling LOTS of fun things including a baby shower and family beerfest and breakfast with friends and mayyyyybe some maternity photos if I get some makeup on my face, and it’s FINALLY sunny so lots of cooking so that we aren’t just in a “here, make this old recipe” wasteland after the baby’s born. There will probably be wasteland-ish feelings anyway, we don’t need that to extend to our blog world, right? New food is my jam. Any requests?
PS. 13 days until Thanksgiving! I don’t know if I’m more excited for the celebration, for Jay’s birthday, or for the short week. If I’m being honest, it’s probably the short week.