- We got our first Christmas tree this year! We decorated our house on Thanksgiving Day and this year got a real tree. It smells great-ish (amped up with a candle…) and is just so, so pretty. Also, at the Christmas tree lot the guy mentioned three times in the 10 minutes it took us to pick a tree that he accepts tips. But then we paid with a credit card and had no cash. Is tipping someone for a $60 tree a thing if they aren’t delivering it? We felt very awkward. But we love our tree. It was an emotionally trying ten minutes.
- Speaking of Christmas, I got all these whole spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, etc) in a blogging gift pack awhile ago and have been looking for ways to use 5 years worth of nutmeg, etc, before they get fully stale and unusable. MULLED WINE. It’s like cooking but not, and I can drink wine again! I always have all the ingredients on hand since you can kind of use any fruit you like and duh to the wine bit, so I’m thinking dump into pot, turn to simmer, hey here hold the baby and can Jay get you a glass of mulled wine while I sit here? He’d be happy to.
- Jay has been really embracing parenting, including diapers, and talks to Beck all. the. time. I’ve already started compiling a list of the best things I’ve heard him say so far, but the other day while changing a diaper, which Beck hates, I heard Jay say “Right, I know you hate it, but you are going to be so grateful that I’m all up in this little vag when you don’t get rashes and yeast. So grateful.” He’s right on the money with that.
- I’m not usually one to do 2 links from one site in one post, but these puffy tacos look amazing AND I love How Sweet Eats so…gotta be me. I really like a plain taco with just beef + cheese + lettuce, and this fits that bill while being a tiny bit fancier. Feel free to make these for me at any point in the coming months, anyone.
- Beck Update! She’s 10 days old and nearly back to her birth weight. She eats 1.5 ounces every time she nurses, and is currently eating every hour, for an hour. Which means 12 hours of every day are spent with her tethered to me. I don’t hate it at all. See also: every reason ever why cosleeping is a thing because otherwise omg we would die. In the 12 hours per day that she’s not eating we spent a lot of time staring at her. It’s pretty busy around here.
Have a wonderful weekend!