A brunch showstopper, this bacon is made even better with a sweet+spicy glaze that is just the MOST extra.
- 4 slices medium-thickness bacon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut the bacon strips in half to make 8 shorter strips. Arrange on a wire rack set inside a baking sheet. Sprinkle the bacon evenly with the sugar and spices.
- Bake the bacon for 15-20 minutes until the bacon is crispy but not burned. Serve for breakfast, on burgers, or as a snack.
- Note: the spice measurements above are approximate, we’re looking for a solid coating of sugar and light but even coating of the spice blend and garlic powder before you bake the bacon. Adjust as needed based on the size of your bacon.
- For easy cleanup, I line the baking sheet with parchment paper, then set the rack on the parchment.
- Honestly just triple this recipe every time you make it.