I can’t believe another year is ending. How? It FLEW, and maybe for the best, if you know what I mean.
2016 was wonderful for us, but certainly not without it’s challenges what with the world climate and also keeping a brand new human alive. But the world still has a ton of good in it and the tiny human is still kicking, and I love love love looking back on the last year. So! Here are some of the most popular recipes on this site, in case you need some new things to try.
First, the best of 2016:
- Smashed Double Cheeseburger – see also, I went to Shake Shack for the first time this year!
- Jalapeno Ranch (Chuy’s Copycat) – I love Chuy’s, and I love this, and make it a ton for realzies.
- Rosemary Walnut Chicken Salad
- Steakhouse-style Stuffed Sweet Potatoes – fitting that Beck eats one or two sweet potatoes every day!
- Quick Broccoli Cheddar Soup – the easiest ever.
And, the most popular recipes on the site this year, but from years gone by. Embarrassing pictures but delicious anyway:
- The all-time most read post on this site – super simple Hibachi Shrimp, and 1.a, the same recipe with a few updates and white sauce.
- Spicy Crab Salad, like in sushi!
- Easy Loaded Baked Potato Soup – this is vegetarian, but can be made with chicken stock. Also wouldn’t kill anyone if you added bacon on top.
- Lemon Tahini Salad Dressing – an actual thing that we make at least every other week in our house.
- Spicy Turkey Burgers + Garlic Lemon Mayo
What should we make in 2017? I can hardly wait.