I love weeks like this where I go through and insta a ton of old recipes because it reminds me of how much good food is on the interwebz – not just my site! Follow along for the next few days if you haven’t been already – there is more to come!
Today, though, we’re taking a break from chili and appetizers for TACOS. I lovelovelove a taco bar for parties because you can make almost every component in advance, bust it out, let people build their own and come back as much as they’d like, and it seems impressive without overwhelming you.
These chicken club tacos are nice and simple but have tons of flavor. They aren’t strictly Mexican, but they lend themselves to salsas+guacs+bean dips for extra snacks on this most holy of evenings.
Tacos for you!
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 medium diced tomato
- 4 leaves shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado
- 8 small taco-sized flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon mashed chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup sundried tomato pesto
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 pinch salt
- Make the sauce: Combine all ingredients and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add the bacon in one layer. Turn to medium-high heat, and cook for 5-7 minutes, flip, then keep cooking until the bacon is cooked to your preference. Remove to paper towels to drain, then chop.
- In the same skillet (in the bacon grease!), add the chicken (still over medium-high heat), and sprinkle with pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side until the chicken is browned and cooked through, then remove to a plate to cool.
- When the chicken is cool, use your fingers or 2 forks to shred into bite-sized pieces. Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and dice it for serving.
- Build tacos! Fill each tortilla with lettuce, chicken, bacon, cheese, tomato, and avocado. Drizzle with the chipotle sauce. Inhale. Enjoy!