Ok, I feel kind of guilty about the only recipe offering this week involving mainly butter.
Kind of but not really.
But! I’m still in a mucho seafood mood, and no I’m not pregnant, I just like it. This tuna salad is especially wonderful because it adds fresh flavor with herbs, health with tomatoes and avocado and all kinds of yummy add-ins.
I like it over salad if I’m pretending to care about carbs, but it’s GREAT on a sandwich or with crackers.
- 1 can tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar, plus more to taste
- salt and pepper, if needed
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, stirring very gently. Taste, and add more vinegar or salt and pepper to your taste.
To serve: serve over crackers, plain with a baked potato for dinner, or over greens drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with feta for a main dish salad.