Simple Mexican Red Rice just has a few ingredients and comes together in 20 minutes with tons of flavor from spices and tomato sauce. Make this with your favorite Mexican-style meal!
- 1 cup short-grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock (or more, use the amount of liquid the package says)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- To a pot with a tight-fitting lid, add all ingredients. Cover, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low, and cook the rice for 15-20 minutes, per the package directions. When the cooking time has finished, let the rice sit, covered for 5-10 more minutes off the heat.
- Uncover the rice and fluff gently with a fork. Taste, and add more salt if needed. If the rice seems dry, splash in a tiny bit more chicken stock.
- Serve with your favorite Mexican meal. Enjoy!