Loooooong weekends for life, man.
I’m so excited for this weekend. We have a few vague plans with friends and family and other than that are going to do a bunch of walking, eating, and general hanging. Ribs will be smoked, and squash casserole with kale is already in the freezer. Besides that, here’s what I’m thinking for the most fun eating weekend of the season.
- Jalapeno Pimento Cheese: Perfect for a starter. Homemade pimento cheese is just the best.
- Hot Jalapeno Corn Dip: Hell, have jalapenos in everything you make!
- Watermelon with Feta: Easy, delicious, and screams summer.
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken: definitely of course, easy and delicious.
- Or! BBQ Shrimp Tacos: never enough barbecue sauce, especially in this house. Tacos on Memorial Day should definitely be a thing.
- Speaking of barbecue, Curry Mustard Barbecue Sauce: One of my absolute favorites, and one of the most popular recipes on this site.
- For the grill, here’s my favorite Marinated Grilled Chicken.
- Baked Beans with Bacon and Bourbon: Never hurt anyone.
- If you do a salad, Creamy Balsamic Dressing is PERFECT.
- For the veg-heads, what about Tempura Tofu Dogs: crispy tofu with toppings in a bun. It definitely works.
I’m thinking we need to figure out a dessert that includes strawberries.