Perfect deviled eggs with a few tips and tricks to make these exceptionally beautiful!
- 12 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you like things spicy!)
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1-inch piece onion, peeled
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice from dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- Garnish: chopped pickles, fresh dill, smoked paprika
- Boil the eggs: place eggs in a pot and cover with cold water. Cover the pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for one minute, then turn the heat off and let sit for 15 minutes in the hot water.
- Drain the eggs and let cool to the touch, then peel.
- Cut the eggs in half and gently remove the yolks.
- In a food processor, combine the egg yolks and remaining ingredients (except garnishes) until smooth and mousse-like. Taste, and add more salt or pickle juice to your preference.
- Spoon or pipe the egg yolk mixture into the egg white halves. Garnish as desired and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.