This Southern Sugar Snap Pea Salad with Bacon comes together quickly and combines bright fresh flavors with a creamy dressing.
- 24 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed and cut in half
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or a combination of herbs that you like)
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- In the bottom of a large bowl, combine the shallot, lemon juice, mayo, sour cream, and spices until smooth. Add a few pinches of salt and pepper and taste; add more seasoning to your preference.
- Stir the peas, bacon, and herbs into the dressing. Taste and season additionally if needed. Can be made up to one day in advance or served immediately.