A few whole-food ingredients, a blitz in the food processor, and a healthy alternative to dessert that doesn’t taste anything but indulgent.
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (this measurement is for finely shredded, use 1 1/2 cups and add more if large shreds are what you can find)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chps
- Combine the oats and coconut in a food processor. Pulse a few times to break up the oats somewhat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the oat mixture and blend in the food processor to break up the chocolate chips and incorporate all of the ingredients. Add more honey and/or peanut butter about a tablespoon at a time as needed to create a dough that will stay together but isn’t overly wet or sticky.
- Form the mixture into one or two-inch balls with your hands, mashing together as needed to help them hold together. Chill on a sheet pan for 30 minutes or more before transferring to a bowl or other container. Store covered in the fridge or another cool place. Makes 24 or so bites depending on the size.
Recipe adapted from https://pinchofyum.com/cookie-dough-energy-bites