- Our Santa has always brought fancy fruit to our stockings (we’re a healthy family), and this year he brought starfruit! It’s one of my favorite enduring traditions (Santa is very faithful in this) that I’m thrilled to take part in now that I’m a parent.
- SPEAKING OF SANTA, Beck definitely asked that he not bring her a thing because she is scared of strangers, exactly like we taught her to be. Whoops. He came anyway, and luckily she didn’t see him so all was well. He brought a Dockatot Grand (Santa brings one big gift, Mama and Daddy buy smaller things), and she adores it + has fallen asleep in it once already, and this is a kid who has to be begged to sleep at all times.
- We’re doing a not-quite-Whole30 thing for January, mainly Jay isn’t eating carbs and I’m not eating beef. SO IN ADVANCE I’m making Jessica’s bolognese from The Pretty Dish and I can’t wait. It looks seriously insane and perfect for the last weekend of 2018.
- Do you make New Year’s resolutions? I think mine for 2019 will be to more content with what I have and who I am and where I am in life. Or to buy a really big new house, one or the other.
- It’s the last weekend of 2018! I can’t believe it, as always. The years are FLYING. Last year at this time we had just gotten home from San Diego, my uncle had died the day before, and we had my parents over for NYE dinner to be calm and together and quietly celebratory. This year so much has happened, so maybe my resolution instead will be to rest and not start any new projects for an entire year.
5.1. I’d be so bored.