Tangy, creamy buffalo chicken dip that is super quick to make thanks to rotisserie chicken. This is one of the most popular recipes on this site, and is 100% delicious!
- 1 rotisserie chicken, bones/skin removed, shredded
- 1 rib celery, finely diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup hot wing sauce such as Frank’s
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and gently combine to coat the chicken in the seasonings.
- Taste, and add more hot sauce or salt to your preference.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Serve with veggies, crackers, or with bread for sandwiches.
I use a rotisserie chicken here to save time, but any cooked chicken you like here works great! Aim for 3-4 cups of shredded meat.
I use the skin and bones of rotisserie chicken to make my own stock. Combine the chicken parts in a large pot with a quartered onion, two carrots cut into large chunks, 1 stalk of celery cut into large chunks, 2 teaspoons of salt, and 1 chicken bouillon cube (optional but yes please do this it’s delicious). Cover with water and bring to a boil, then let the stock simmer for an hour. Drain, reserve, freeze, and look at you go, recycling and making your own ingredients!
Keywords: football food, tailgating, buffalo chicken, appetizers, gluten free, low carb