The best bean dip EVER with layers of cheese, chorizo, and creamy dreamy seasoned refried beans.
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can pinto beans, lightly drained (some liquid still left)
- 1/3 cup chicken or veggie stock
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 ounces crumbled cooked chorizo
- 14 ounces grated melty cheese (monterrey jack, queso quesadilla, etc)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Toppings: sliced jalapeno, diced tomatoes, cilantro leaves, anything you love!
- Preheat the oven to 375F. In a bowl, combine both cans of beans with the stock and spices. Mash the pinto beans lightly with a fork as you mix.
- Combine half of the grated cheese with the sour cream and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Layer the dip in a large baking dish (9×13 or equivalent): all the beans, the chorizo, the sour cream mixture, and the remaining grated cheese.
- Bake the dip for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly. Top with fresh stuff, serve with chips, YES.
I make this in advance often and keep it in the fridge for a day or two before I bake it. You’ll need to add some baking time, and it’s ready when it’s hot and bubbly!
Keywords: appetizers, tailgating, snacks, super bowl, football food