Where are we on our holiday shopping for this year?
I have….a few things for the kids, some parents handled, and 1,827 more gifts to procur, which is a lot given our nutso life right now. I posted about it on Instagram and someone was like “if you just start shopping earlier it’s not that bad!” and…right, got it, yes. Let me order 1,827 gifts and then move them across town, lose them, have to re-buy, then return said gifts when I locate them, all while planning a mid-december vacation because WHAT COULD GO WRONG THERE and doing my regular life and work and parenting.
Anyway, I haven’t shopped as early as I usually do, is what I’m saying.
Some of my absolute favorite gifts to give are kitchen or cooking-centric. I have, over the years, tested LOTS of stuff – super expensive, super cheap, and everything in between.
I like gifting things that I know are excellent quality, and things that maybe the person wouldn’t buy for themselves. My personal kitchen wish that is VERY boring this year is Stasher bags. We have lots of plastic baggies still that I’m using up and tons of Pyrex glass storage, so Stashers are a want, not a need, at this point. When the plastic bags are gone, though, it’s ON. Unless someone wants to get us some for Christmas.
Food52 is one of my absolute favorite online shops for kitchen and tabletop stuff. I buy things there as gifts and for our house often, and honestly have never been disappointed.
For your final shopping moments, here are 10 things that make great gifts!
- Massive cutting board – this is a big gift, but we’ve had ours for over a year and honestly it’s one of our favorite kitchen items.
- Grocery tote. Yep, you have a million. This is one of those “no one would buy this for themselves” things, and I’ve had my eye on it for awhile.
- Shallow bowls. Instagrammable!
- My favorite Staub. You know you need one.
- Or a Staub casserole dish! I love a covered casserole dish and this one in white is so lovely.
- Silicone straws. The color palette of these is so….turtle friendly.
- Linen Napkins. Speaking of the planet! I also love the darker colors that may be a little more kid-friendly.
- Citrus Wreath. Ok, all of the wreaths on Food52 are amazing, but this one in particular really speaks to me. It’s so fresh-looking!
- Produce Storage Bowl. A splurge for sure, and if anyone wants to get this for me, YES PLEASE, but how neat to have separate-but-together places for onions, garlic, and fruit.
- Pretty nonstick pan. I love this line with the green and gold, and think new nonstick is always a special thing that we don’t do for ourselves quiiiiite enough. These are getting great reviews and I’m looking forward to trying them.
none of these things are sponsored, just things I love and most that we use in our actual own kitchen! there are some affiliate links above meaning that I may get a commission but your price is exactly the same. thank you for supporting this site!