- I got this new Lodge grill the other day for some catered junk I was making. It goes over two burners OR IN A FIRE and has two sides – one flat and one with grates. I’m fully obsessed. I want Lodge to be my boyfriend.
- It’s our blogiversary! Three years ago this week Jay and I decided that we didn’t want to fight all the time and be immature and volitile and hostile. It was strange. Then we started a blog, wrote about relationship like twice, and then ended up with a food blog with a relationship blog title. Happy birthday to us! And happy birthday to you insane people who read our nonsense – we love you for it.
- We’re REALLY car hunting for Jay. His 2003 Saturn is just…no…and it’s time for a new car. We’re thinking small SUV or some kind of wagon hatchback thing. Mandatory things are good gas mileage and safety ratings and enough clearance to drive through the woods for kayaking sometimes. What are your favs? We’re liking CRVs and Rav4s and some of the Subarus, but please tell me what you know about buying new cars. We’ve never bought one together, and it’s fun and scary and exciting and GREAT. Teach me.
- I read this list on things that people do that make them miserable, and of course I can’t find the link right now to share with you. BUT, the one that I loved the most was “assigning intent.” Like, “they looked at me with a bitchy face, obviously they didn’t like me so I didn’t go up and say hi.” YOU DO NOT KNOW THIS. YOU ARE MAKING THINGS UP. IT IS MAKING YOU MISERABLE. One of the things that I work on with clients a TON and that drives me insane about non-clients is phrases like that. Think things that you know. Say things that you know. ANYTHING ELSE is full on bullshit and you are a jackass making yourself and those around you more miserable. Furthermore, when I say “how do you know they didn’t like you?” and your answer is “um, trust me, you weren’t there,” you are making yourself look like more of a jackass my fully pretending that you are a magical mother effing mind reader. Again: say things that are true. Think things that are true. Do not make things up. You will be happier.
- I’m making creamed spinach for the first time today! With photographs! For you! It’s going to be kind of sexy and jazzed up, and I’d love to know your fav spinach tricks. I’m not a huge creamed spinach fan basically because I think the texture is kind of meh when it’s made with frozen spinach, so I’m using FRESH, but what else? Let’s decide together.