Because of course. It’s almost the biggest taco day of the year, right? Or is that every Tuesday? It’s hard to tell.
But anyway. Tacos are trendy but classic, can be healthy or not so much, can suit gluten free or dairy free or vegetarian or vegan diets, and are FUN. And food should be fun, right?
Here are some of my favorites.
- Chicken club tacos! Starting with some not-as-authentic ‘cos (no, that doesn’t work), but these are DELISH. Super simple with a yummy dressing, and to me they feel every bit like a weekend food.
- Beef tacos. I’m actually kind of a late-80’s purist about tacos, I love a plain ground beef taco with lettuce, cheese, and some kind of red hot sauce. These don’t use a seasoning packet and are super simple. A frequent visitor to our kitchen.
- Roasted Winter Vegetable Tacos. Fine, it’s not exactly winter, but veg-heads deserve love too! Swap out any veggies you’re loving right now.
- BBQ Shrimp Tacos. For Jay! Shrimp and BBQ sauce are 2 of his actual favorite foods.
- Crispy Steak Tacos w/ Cilantro Lime Crema. Trust me.
- Gyro Tacos with Caramelized Onion Yogurt. Tastes like French onion soup on your crazy delish feta-topped taco!
- Short Rib Tacos. Another favorite! Short rib is one of my favorite meats to slow-cook, the juices from the cooking process are just so killer.
I’m drooling this entire week, basically.