Happy Sunday! Aka the second day of the second half of the year. I know.
But! We have a few more days of long weekend (do you have tomorrow off? we do not.), hopefully some great cookouts coming tomorrow and Tuesday, and several more weeks of summer that definitely provide justification for killer-yummy food at gatherings.
Here are some of our summer favorites!
- Firecracker Shrimp. Super simple, butter/hot sauce bathed shrimp, grilled, served with lemon. One of our absolute favorites, year in and year out.
- Red, White, and Blueberry Salad. Nice and light and healthy, and so pretty for the holiday. A nice alternative to a creamy salad.
- Salt and Vinegar Potato Salad. Another of our personal favorites that we eat every single year around this time, and vegan!
- Crab Macaroni Salad. And regular Macaroni Salad if you’re not feeling the seafood-with-mayo thing. Both delicious.
- Curry Mustard Barbecue Sauce. To slather on your entire life.
- Smashed Cheeseburgers. Especially great for huge summer flavor if you don’t have a grill.
- Buffalo Chicken Salad Dip. No explanation needed.
- Bacon Bourbon Baked Beans. Sweet and smoky but with some unexpected flavors and different types of beans added in. I love these.
- Watermelon Tonic. Please do us all a favor and add some vodka.
For tomorrow I have one more perfect dip for the 4th and to take you through the rest of the summer. Wait for it!