The best summer produce cooked in one skillet with pancetta and cheese for the perfect easy skillet meal.
- 2 ounces cubed pancetta
- 2 ears corn, kernels scraped from the cob (or sub 2 cups frozen corn kernels)
- 1 jalapeno, minced, optional
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces cubed mozzarella
- 1 medium tomato, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- fresh basil for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375F and a medium ovenproof skillet to medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook for about 5 minutes or until crispy at the edges.
- Turn the heat off the skillet, and add the corn, pepper (if using), butter, and garlic to the skillet. Stir to combine and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cubes over the corn mixture and top with an even layer of tomato slices, overlapping them if needed depending on the size of your skillet and the tomato you are using. Sprinkle the tomatoes with more salt, pepper, and the sugar.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and the tomatoes have wilted. Serve immediately as a side dish or main course topped with fresh basil.