Delicious salsa with a sweet heat and extra texture from pepitas. Perfect for snacking or with dinner over chicken or fish!
- 1/3 cup pepitas (roasted/salted/shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1 jalapeno, cut into chunks (remove seeds for less spicy)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes (14.5 ounces or so)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more if needed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- cilantro leaves for topping, optional
- Add the pepitas, jalapeno chunks, and garlic to a food processor. Pulse a few times to chop the garlic and pepper, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Pulse to create a chunky salsa, then taste. Add more salt, honey, or lime juice to your preference. The salsa should be really flavorful!
- Pulse again until the salsa is the texture you’d like it to be. Top with cilantro and extra pepitas if you’d like, and serve!
Keywords: salsa, cinco de mayo, pepita salsa