Ohhhhhhhh long weekend, I am so excited for you.
We are in a weird busy all the time but standing still because of house stuff place. It’s messing with my mind, I think, and I’m seriously ready to be done with all of it. BUT. This weekend is a long weekend! I’m so ready to be home to do lots of cooking, eating, and playing with my babies.
The pools open this weekend (best time of the year), grilling season is in full swing, and having people over for grilling/playtime/parties is what we’re all about right now. If you’re into it, I hope you have a fun party or cookout to go to this weekend! I like the method with cookouts of the host taking care of a protein or main dish, then guests bringing appetizers or side dishes.
Here are some of my favorite ideas for Memorial Day parties!
- Ranch dip. Take some raw veggies and chips, it’ll be GONE. Promise.
- Creamy pasta salad.
- Kale salad. A healthy option won’t kill anyone.
- Chimichurri and some veggies to throw on the grill.
- Deviled eggs.
- Marinated mushrooms. The lightest little tangy bite to offset some heavier dishes.
- Sugar snap pea salad.
- Yogurt pesto dip with burrata. Nothing more summery than pesto!
- Raw corn and tomato salad.
- The best ever fudge brownies. They belong at every cookout all summer!
Tell me, tell me. What else are you thinking about making lots for this season?
I want it all.