Light, bright pico pairs so well with smoky grilled shrimp. This meal is quick, low carb, gluten free, and delicious!
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
PICO DE GALLO
- ¼ small onion, diced
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado
- 1/3 cup torn cilantro leaves
- Preheat a grill to high heat. Toss the shrimp with the chili powder, paprika, salt, and olive oil.
- Start the pico: toss together all of the ingredients EXCEPT for the avocado with a few good pinches of salt. Taste and season additionally. Set aside while you grill the shrimp.
- When the grill is hot, sear the shrimp on both sides for a few minutes until just barely cooked through. Cook time will depend on the size of your shrimp, but assume about 3 minutes per side for jumbo shrimp.
- When the shrimp is cooked, quickly dice the avocado and stir it into the pico with another pinch of salt.
- Serve the shrimp over the pico for a light meal, or with chips and toothpicks as an appetizer spread. Enjoy!
Keywords: shrimp, low carb, gluten free, how to grill shrimp