A quick soy sauce marinade and 15 minutes in the oven yield springy, slightly crispy tofu that is perfect in rice bowls or on salads.
- 1 block tofu, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Whisk together the mirin, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a shallow dish. Add the tofu and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425F and transfer the tofu to a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper. Reserve the marinade.
- Bake the tofu for 15 minutes until lightly crispy at the edges.
- Meanwhile, simmer the marinade in a small pot until reduced by about a third.
- Serve as desired. YES.
I love this for meal prep, and make two or three blocks of tofu at a time to use throughout the week.
This is great on rice bowls, over veggie curry, or in salads!
The reduced marinade is wonderful as a salad dressing or drizzled over the baked tofu and rice.