This delicious Loaded Baked Potato Salad is ready in just under an hour and has the most delicious creamy dressing.
- 2 pounds small potatoes (I like Yukon Gold), halved or quartered to bite-sized pieces
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with some salt (A tablespoon or so) and cover with water by at least 3 inches. Bring the water to a boil and boil the potatoes uncovered for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Drain the potatoes and allow them to cool for about 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking and cooling I like to prep the bacon, scallions, and cheddar.
- Whisk the sour cream, mayo, vinegar, salt, and pepper in the bottom of a large bowl. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your preference. The dressing will be slightly salty; potatoes absorb a lot of salt.
- Add the potatoes and most of the cheddar, bacon, and scallions (saving a bit for the top) to the bowl with the dressing. Toss together and taste; add more salt and pepper if you’d like.
- Top the salad with the reserved cheddar, bacon, scallions, and some extra pepper.
- Can be kept in the fridge for a day or so or served right away. YUM.
Keywords: loaded baked potato salad, gluten free, potatoes, loaded fries, baked potato