An update for you today: One of the most popular recipes on my site, Buffalo Chicken Salad Dip, has a facelift and recipe adjustment!
New pictures, new tips and tricks, it’s all there. I’m leaving the recipe here as well for your bookmarking (I know it’s Pinning I just long for the simpler old times) and printing needs.
Just in time for tailgating season! This buffalo chicken salad dip (I call it both because it can be both!) is made with rotisserie chicken so it’s super quick, has a cream cheese base because any buffalo chicken recipe needs cream cheese, and tons of hot sauce because duh.
Tangy, creamy buffalo chicken dip that is super quick to make thanks to rotisserie chicken. This is one of the most popular recipes on this site, and is 100% delicious!
- 1 rotisserie chicken, bones/skin removed, shredded
- 1 rib celery, finely diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup hot wing sauce such as Frank’s
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and gently combine to coat the chicken in the seasonings.
- Taste, and add more hot sauce or salt to your preference.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Serve with veggies, crackers, or with bread for sandwiches.
I use a rotisserie chicken here to save time, but any cooked chicken you like here works great! Aim for 3-4 cups of shredded meat.
I use the skin and bones of rotisserie chicken to make my own stock. Combine the chicken parts in a large pot with a quartered onion, two carrots cut into large chunks, 1 stalk of celery cut into large chunks, 2 teaspoons of salt, and 1 chicken bouillon cube (optional but yes please do this it’s delicious). Cover with water and bring to a boil, then let the stock simmer for an hour. Drain, reserve, freeze, and look at you go, recycling and making your own ingredients!
Keywords: football food, tailgating, buffalo chicken, appetizers, gluten free, low carb