The most delicious dry brined turkey with just 4 ingredients and no fancy steps. Foolproof!
- 1 whole thawed/fresh turkey, 12-14 pounds
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 stick softened butter
- Place the turkey in a roasting pan (with or without a rack, just something that can fit in the fridge oven). Sprinkle the turkey generously all over with kosher salt. Place the salted turkey in the fridge uncovered for 12-24 hours.
- Remove the turkey from the fridge one hour before you’d like to begin cooking it. Rub the softened butter all over the turkey and under any loose skin. Sprinkle the turkey with another generous layer of salt and pepper.
- When the turkey has come to room temperature (at least 30 minutes out of the fridge), preheat the oven to 350F. Roast the turkey uncovered for 13 minutes per pound.
- Test the internal temperature of the turkey using a meat thermometer. Remove from the oven when the temperature is between 155 and 160F. Tent the turkey with foil and let rest for 30 minutes or more before carving. The temperature of the turkey will continue to rise out of the oven and it will be fully cooked when you slice and serve.
- Do not throw away the skin. Promise.
Keywords: turkey, gluten free, low carb, how to roast a perfect turkey