Smashed cucumbers come together in under half an hour and are the most delicious light summer side dish! This is a perfect use for lots of garden cucumbers.
- 4 small cucumbers, pickling or persian style
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Cut the cucumbers into bite sized chunks.
- Arrange the cucumbers in one layer on a cutting board, and place a baking sheet or skillet over top. Rock the baking sheet or skillet back and forth over the cucumbers, pressing down slightly, to smush the cucumbers a bit.
- Transfer the smashed cukes to a colander set over a bowl. Sprinkle with the salt and sugar and toss.
- Let the cucumbers sit and drain for about 30 minutes until ready to eat. Taste, and add a bit more salt or sugar if you’d like.
- Serve with all meals. Enjoy!
Jazz these up any way you’d like! Add lemon/lime juice, fresh herbs, sesame oil, olive oil, crushed red pepper, sriracha, the sky’s the limit!
Keywords: smashed cucumbers, smashed cucumber salad, smashed cucumbers recipe, smashed cucumber salad recipe