Simple turkey meatball recipe with no bread crumbs = the best basic gluten free meatball recipe ever! These are great kept (fully cooked) in the freezer and thawed for use in tons of recipes.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH onion and garlic powders
- olive oil for drizzling
- more salt for sprinkling
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, a silicone baking mat, or cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients (except olive oil and extra salt) in a large bowl. Use your fingers to mix the egg and seasoning into the meat.
- Gently form the mixture into about 16 meatballs, or 20 for smaller bites. The trick is to touch the meat as little as possible, pushing the meatballs into spheres without mushing them too much. The meat mixture will be fairly wet, but move quickly and you’ll get the hang of it.
- Arrange the meatballs as you go about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the fridge until ready to cook or bake right away.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Drizzle the meatballs with a bit of oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake the gluten free meatballs for 25 minutes until cooked through and slightly golden. Serve as desired.
Some of the links above are to affiliate links!
These can be kept in the freezer (frozen after cooked and cooled). To flash freeze, freeze on a baking sheet or plate, then transfer to a zipper bag or other freezer container once frozen. I keep mine in Stasher Bags!
Keywords: easy meatball recipe, turkey meatballs, turkey meatball recipe, gluten free meatball recipe, gluten free meatballs